Monday, January 10, 2011

10/365: The Real Dorothy



In the book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, Dorothy gains a pair of silver shoes to transport home. These shoes, originally owned by the Wicked Witch of the East became Dorothy's when a house landed on the witch.  In the 1939 movie however, the shoes were portrayed as ruby red, not silver. As you can see in my header, I have a ruby red pair, and as you can see by today's picture, I also have a silver pair.

There's no place like home...or grocery store parking lots (which is where this picture was taken).


Shoes: Sable Ballet Flats, silver sequin (from Target)

4 comments:

  1. Love! And your bug in the back, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome - I love everything about this picture... including the fact that even though the sun is shining, I can totally tell that it's freaking freezing out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I never knew that. And I lived in KS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love these shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete