Sunday, January 9, 2011

9/365: Jump on It



Today I wore lazy clothes and shoes...it wasn't a lazy day (sadly), but my attire was that of someone that is either working out or hanging out. For my picture I wanted to try something different, I thought of a motion shot on the treadmill first. This was hard. I set the camera up on a timer to take the picture and did a few and they were just not right.  I decided to take my quest outside and just jump up and down. With limited light the flash makes the pictures look a little surreal, they aren't natural, light-wise.  I started with a side jump and then turned.  I took probably 20 blurry jumping pictures(see picture #1) before I got the one that looks like I'm levitating (picture #2).

4 comments:

  1. I like the movement one! :) The 2nd one really doesn't look real, it looks like someone is holding you up or something. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second one (and its caption about you levitating) made me giggle.
    I once saw a collection of photos where people set up their tripod, set their camera to take a picture in 10 seconds, and run away from the camera as fast as you can. Those pictures were hysterical- and that's what this reminds me of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to search for these tripod and run photos, I love that idea!

    ReplyDelete